Previous: What Is ECVnet?
Up: The ECVnet Brochure
Next: Computer Vision: Science
The long term goal of computer vision is to develop a
technology for building machines which can see as
robustly and effortlessly as humans. Expressed in common language, a
technology for building ``seeing'' machines will permit such things
- Factory robots to adapt dynamically to their environments,
- Improvements in factory efficient and product quality due to
automatic visual inspection during manufacturing.
- Service robots for cleaning and security applications,
- Automobiles that drive themselves,
- Machines that directly interpret signals from medical imaging
sensors to help medical diagnosis therapy simulation, therapy control,
- Advanced man-machine interfaces in which vision is used to
capture the gestures and facial expressions of the user.
Fri Jul 21 18:40:45 MET DST 1995